St. Paul’s has a rich and busy community life anchored in shared worship. Our parish life includes community luncheons, outreach and Christian education programmes, and historical and musical projects. You are encouraged to contact the church via email@example.com if you are interested in participating!
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for : Heritage Interpreter Tour Guide 2018
St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Halifax is now recruiting for two summer positions as Student Heritage Interpreter Tour Guides.
Applicants must have an interest in, and knowledge of, the history of Halifax from 1749 onwards and, as St Paul’s is an active, worshipping community as well as a historic building, be able to interact with a wide variety of people, e.g., parishioners, visitors, persons seeking assistance.
The positions are physically active jobs. They require a positive, outgoing and friendly attitude, good communication and presentation skills, leadership and initiative, and an ability to work well with others. Previous similar experience, bilingualism (French/English), and a good understanding of the Anglican Church of Canada would be important assets. Experience in/interest in sales & marketing to assist us in reaching out to surrounding businesses thus developing community partnerships (i.e. Nova Ctre., Downtown Halifax Business Com., etc.) is also on our preference list.
Student guides will work 33 hours per week from Monday to Saturday. Work hours are flexible to meet the required needs of the positions. The jobs start on June 18th and continue to August 31st. The salary is $15.00 per hour, paid semi-monthly.
Responsibilities of the student guides include:
- Become familiar with the history of St Paul’s Church
- Greet the 12–15,000 tourists and pilgrims who visit St Paul’s over the summer
- Offer and give guided tours of the church
- Provide information on scheduled services and events in the church
- Direct visitors to, and provide information on, other historic sites in Halifax
- Supervise the sale of postcards, souvenirs, books, etc.
- Keep track of and record the number of visitors each day
- When required, open or close the church, and turn off or set the alarm
- Assist the Parish Office and the Archives Committee when required
- Do other duties as may be assigned from time to time & maintain a tidy environment.
The Student Guides report to the Wardens through the Parish Office of St Paul’s Church. Time-liness, reliability and having a contact phone number are required.
Applicants must be Canadian residents between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive). Applicants must be full-time post-secondary students who are either returning to the same institution or transferring to another in the fall of 2018 or Grade 12 graduates who are registered to attend a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis in the fall of 2018.
St. Paul’s Church is committed to giving consideration to Priority students.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4, 2018.
Indicate “Heritage Interpretive Guide Application” in the subject line of your e-mail.
SLIDE SHOW: A Royal Return:
Prince Charles and Camilla on the Grand Parade.
Monday, May 19, 2014